NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Sept. 12, 2019) – Nissan celebrates ‘National Video Games Day’ with concept esports gaming chair sketches inspired the Armada SUV, GT-R NISMO sportscar and all-electric Nissan LEAF.
With video gaming and esports now some of the fastest-growing activities on the planet, Nissan has invested in the trend. Earlier this year, the automaker inked partnerships with two of the most popular gaming teams in the world, Faze Clan and OpTic Gaming.
As makers of the Zero Gravity Seat found on many Nissan vehicles, Nissan applied model- specific technologies and conveniences into the three whimsical chair concepts.
Esports players spend hours perfecting their skills, and gaming rigs are an essential part of each player’s identity. However, esports players often have to choose between aesthetics and comfort – but Nissan’s chairs could offer both. With decades of experience in seating design and comfort, Nissan’s three conceptual designs are sure to pique the interest of gamers across the globe.
• Inspired by Nissan’s most iconic vehicle
• Constructed from lightweight carbon fiber and aluminum
• Shaped like a racing seat for ultimate performance
• Features red leather and synthetic suede seating surfaces
• Inspired by Nissan’s full-size rugged, yet refined, SUV
• Platinum Reserve black and brown leather-appointed captain’s chair
• Climate-controlled seat with heating and cooling
• Lumbar support for additional comfort
• Inspired by the world’s best-selling electric vehicle
• Gun Metal painted surfaces
• Light-gray leather-appointed seats with electric blue inserts
• USB charging ports
• Integrated leg rests
Currently, Nissan has no plans to build the chairs but will gauge public reaction and is asking fans to vote for their favorite via the brand’s twitter @NissanUSA