THE 2021 BMW X7 DARK SHADOW EDITION
- Limited Edition X7 M50i with 523 hp and 553 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Approximately 75 units reserved for the U.S. market.
- Unique, model-specific BMW Individual color and equipment.
- MSRP of $119,495 plus $995 Destination.
- U.S. production begins Q4 2020.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – July 23, 2020…Today, BMW announces a very limited edition X7 for those seeking a darker and more mysterious side to their 7-passenger Sports Activity Vehicle. The 2021 X7 Dark Shadow Edition will be built at Plant Spartanburg (SC), BMW Group’s largest global production plant, starting this August for worldwide markets and in Q4 for the U.S. 600 vehicles will be built for customers around the world with approximately 75 units reserved for the U.S.
Pre-ordering will kick off on July 23 at 6:01 p.m. EST on www.shopbmwusa.com/X7-Dark-Shadow-Edition-Pre-Order. A refundable $1,000 deposit will reserve one of the limited edition vehicles online with purchase details to be completed with your selected dealer later. The X7 Dark Shadow Edition is equipped with a very comprehensive selection of standard and optional equipment and packages. The only option at pre-order is the selection of second row Captain’s Chairs vs. the standard three-person bench seat.
BMW Individual design features
The X7 Dark Shadow Edition will be painted in a BMW Individual Frozen Arctic Grey metallic matte finish, marking the first time this special paint is available on an X vehicle. Extended Shadowline high-gloss black trim is applied to the door window trim, B- and C-pillar covers, side-mirror base covers and roof rails, kidney grille and air breather trim. The tips of the M Sport exhaust system are also finished in black chrome.
22-inch M V-spoke bicolor matte Jett Black light-allow wheels are shod with mixed-size performance run-flat tires.
The interior, which can be ordered in either a six or seven passenger configuration, also receives exclusive touches to set this X7 apart from the rest. BMW Individual Full Merino Leather in two-tone Night Blue/Black with contrast stitching covers the seats. The BMW Individual headliner is trimmed with Night Blue Alcantara. The upper dashboard, doors and armrests are trimmed in Night Blue Nappa Leather while the lower dash and front seatbacks are covered in Black Merino leather. BMW Individual Fineline wood trim with aluminium inserts on the upper console area finishes off the exclusive feel of this special X7.
BMW Individual Piano Black trim on the lower center console is used as a backdrop for the limited-edition badge.
Standard and optional equipment
Standard equipment on the X7 Dark Shadow Edition includes:
- 22-inch Style 755M wheels with mixed-size performance run-flat tires.
- 8-speed Sport Automatic transmission
- M Sport Brakes
- M Sport Differential
- M Sport Exhaust
- Adaptive M Suspension
- Two-axle air suspension
- Remote Engine Start
- Icon Adaptive LED with Laserlight
- Active Protection
- Automatic front seat belt tensioning
- Automatic closing of windows and sunroof
- Fatigue and Focus alert
- Post-crash braking
- Active Driving Assistant
- Lane Departure warning
- Active Blind Spot Detection and Protection
- Pedestrian Warning with braking
- Frontal Collision warning with City Collision Mitigation
- City Collision Mitigation with braking
- Speed limit information
- Automatic high beams
- Rear Cross-traffic alert
- Rear Collision preparation
- Driving Assistance Professional Package
- Extended Traffic Jam Assistance for limited access highways
- Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Active Lane Keeping Assistant with side collision avoidance
- Automatic Lane Change
- Evasion Assistant and front cross traffic alert
- Cold Weather Package
- Heated front and rear seats
- 5-zone climate control
- Luxury Seating Package
- Front ventilated, massaging seats.
- Executive Package
- Panoramic Sky Lounge LED roof
- Heated and cooled cupholders
- Glass controls
- Multi-contour seats
- Bowers and Wilkins Diamond Surround Audio
- Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 7 and two 12.3-inch digital displays
- Apple Car-Play and Android Auto Compatibility
- SiriusXM with 360L and 1 year All Access subscription
- Wireless charging for compatible mobile devices
- WiFi Hotspot with complimentary 3-month or 3Gb trial
- Head-Up display
- Comfort Access keyless entry
- Soft-close automatic doors
- Acoustic glass
- Rear manual side-window shades
- Heated front seats, armrests and steering wheel
- Leather dashboard
- Ambient lighting
- Drive recorder
- Rear view camera and Surround View with 3D View
- Park Distance Control
Selectable options at the time of pre-ordering include:
- 2nd row Captain’s Chairs in place of 2nd row bench seat.
|X7 M50i Dark Shadow Edition|
|Number of Doors||—||5|
|Width including mirrors||inches||87.3|
|Approach angle front||degrees||23.1|
|Departure angle rear||degrees||20.5|
|Shoulder width front||inches||60|
|Shoulder room 2nd row||inches||58.1|
|Shoulder room 3rd row||Inches||47.9|
|Legroom 2nd row||inches||37.6|
|Legroom 3rd row||inches||33.3|
|Headroom 2nd row||inches||39.9|
|Headroom 3rd row||inches||37|
|Trunk volume||ft³||48.6 – 90.4|
|Fuel Tank capacity||gallons||21.9|
|Gross vehicle weight||lbs.||7,319|
|Weight Distribution front / rear||%||51 / 49|
|Valves per cylinder||—||4|
|Engine power||hp||523 @ 5,500 – 6,000 rpm|
|Engine torque||ft. lbs.||553 @ 1,800 – 4,600 rpm|
|Engine oil capacity||quarts||11.1|
|Output per liter||hp/liter||125.8|
|Gear ratios 1st gear||—||5.5|
|Final drive ratio||—||3.15|
|Tires, standard front / rear||275/45R22 / 315/35R22 Perf.|
|Wheels, standard front / rear||inches||9.5 x 22 / 10.5 x 22|
|EPA Fuel Economy, city / hwy / comb.||mpg||15 / 21 / 17|