2020 GENESIS G90: A FULL MODEL CHANGE AT MID-CYCLE
- Athletic Elegance and Horizontal Architecture design themes refined for the flagship Genesis sedan
- Expanded suite of active and passive safety features comes standard
- Choice of two powerful and smooth engines: 3.3-liter turbocharged V-6 and 5.0-liter V-8
- Pricing to be announced ahead of December 2019 on-sale date
LOS ANGELES, Calif., November 20, 2019 — Today, Genesis introduced the 2020 G90 flagship luxury sedan at the 2019 Los Angeles Auto Show. The 2020 G90 incorporates new—car—level design changes on the exterior and interior, further enhancing its presence as the brand’s flagship sedan through the themes of Athletic Elegance and Horizontal Architecture.
“The 2020 G90 is a flagship sedan for Genesis in the truest sense,” said William Lee, Executive Vice President and Global Head of the Genesis Brand. “Its launch begins a product offensive for the Genesis brand centered around emotive products with exceptional design.”
Making its debut in the United States, the 2020 690 formally introduces the next evolution of Genesis signature design language. The color palette is expanded inside and out for a more emotive look and feel, while G90 continues to provide an exemplary driving experience backed by superior quality.
“The 2020 690 builds on the level of engineering and craftsmanship that Genesis has come to represent in the United States,” said Mark Del Rosso, CEO of Genesis Motors North America.
Evolution of Athletic Elegance
With the exception of the roof and doors, every exterior body panel on the 2020 G90 has been replaced or changed.
“G90 is the ultimate expression of the Genesis brand,” said Luc Donckerwolke, Executive Vice President and Chief Design Of?cer of Hyundai Motor Group. “Before the first sketch was even drawn, my team of designers thought carefully about how to evolve its styling and create something even more elegant and harmonic.”
From front to back, the styling of the 2020 G90 evolves the Genesis brand’s Athletic Elegance design language. In front, the signature Crest Grille is flanked by Quad Lamps. In the rear, Quad Lamps wrap around from corner to corner. The license plate is placed as low as possible, further accentuating a low and wide stance. The elongated, horizontal side profile of G90 is characterized by vigor and dignity.
G-Matrix, a Genesis design hallmark inspired by light re?ecting from an illuminating diamond, is applied to the headlights and taillights to emphasize re?ned proportions and balanced architecture. For the ?rst time, the G-Matrix pattern is applied to the optional, 19-inch wheels, which also feature sound absorption technology to noticeably reduce tire noise.
“When we tackled the challenge of reinventing G90, the Genesis flagship, we decided to start with designing light rather than form and shapes,” Donckerwolke said.
The interior design embodies the ethos of Horizontal Architecture, dominated by a harmonious, flow of horizontal surfaces including a parallel layout that includes air ventilation system, and audio controls that maximize simplicity and provide an intuitive user experience. Immediately evident is a focus on premium materials and finishes that are befitting a flagship, including authentic chrome plating applied to switches and premium leather wrapping applied to the center console. Authentic, open-pore wood acts as a garnish, as does double stitching and piping throughout the cabin.
Connectivity, Emotion, Serenity
The 2020 G90 introduces multiple technology firsts for the Genesis brand, as befitting a flagship. It is the first Genesis vehicle to offer over-the-air wireless updates for maps and software. Its 12.3-inch display navigation system now incorporates touchscreen controls and a copper Graphic User Interface. The split screens are highlighted with signature copper accents.
Further enhancing the technological capabilities of G90 are standard Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirror Link. Intelligent Car Management Service personalizes the driving experience by using data to analyze driving patterns and informs the driver of necessary maintenance and vehicle wear.
The interior environment is more serene, thanks to Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), which reduces noise, vibration and harshness using leading audio technology to reduce unwanted noise intrusion. Occupant convenience is enhanced by when entering tunnels through automatic external air prevention. The adaptive control suspension minimizes vibration in real time.
The Genesis Adaptive Control Suspension with electronic damping control smoothly and precisely manages body motions throughout the range of dynamics with minimal compromises to ride comfort.
Peace of Mind
The 2020 G90, offers an unparalleled level of standard active and passive safety systems as part of a brand-Ievel commitment to passenger security and comfort. Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) in the 2020 G90 add a level of assuredness to the already re?ned driving experience. In addition to Genesis brandwide ADAS technology, the following new systems debut on the 2020 G90:
- Lane Following Assist (LFA) expands the reach of lane-keep and lane-departure assists, to help stay centered in a lane and provide steering assistance.
- Rear Cross-traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA) uses rear side radar to help detect and prevent impact with obstacles.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) can now help detect bicycles and vehicles in front of the vehicle.
- Safe Exit Assist (SEA) may alert a driver and passengers with alerts when an object is approaching an opening door.
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA) assists the driver to maintain the center of a lane on marked interstate highways, while keeping a safe distance from a vehicle in front. It can act in conjunction with Highway Auto Speed Slowdown, which adjusts vehicle speed to match posted signs.
The 2020 G90 also includes 10 standard airbags, including a passenger-side knee airbag.
Service Valet Comes Standard
When the 2020 G90 goes on sale in the United States beginning in December 2019, it will arrive with the comprehensive Service Valet that already comes standard across the Genesis lineup. All Genesis vehicles offer the exclusive, no-cost, consumer-focused service program that elevates the luxury vehicle ownership experience. From valet service appointments that can be scheduled using the Genesis mobile app, to complimentary maintenance and Genesis Connected Services, the Genesis Experience delivers owners with market-leading convenience and time savings:
- 3 years/36,000 miles of complimentary scheduled maintenance
- 3 years/36,000 miles complimentary Service Valet
- 3 years of complimentary Genesis Connected Services, including Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Destination Search powered by Voice and Remote Start with climate control
- 3 years of complimentary SiriusXM® Travel Link (Data Services)
- 3 years of complimentary Annual Multimedia and Navigation Updates
- Lifetime complimentary traffic data
- Best—in-class warranty with Enhanced Roadside Assistance and Concierge Services, including tire changes or transportation to the nearest Genesis retailer or authorized service facility, and reimbursement for inconvenience.
|The 2020 G90 is offered in two trim level configurations:|
|3.3T Premium||5.0 Ultimate|
|Engine||3.3-liter turbocharged V-6||5.0-liter V-8|
|Power||365 horsepower, 376 lb-ft. of torque||420 horsepower, 383 lb-ft. of torque|
|Transmission||8-speed automatic||8-speed automatic|
|Drive wheels||Rear-wheel drive (standard) |
All-wheel drive (optional)
|Rear-wheel drive (standard) |
All-wheel drive (optional)
|EPA estimated fuel economy||17/25 mpg (RWD) |
17/25 mpg (AWD)
|16/24 mpg (RWD) |
15/23 mpg (AWD)
|Width||75.4 in. (without mirrors)|
|Passenger volume||113.2 cu. ft.|
|Cargo||15.7 cu. ft.|